Poured concrete is riddled with interconnected capillary channels that permit penetration by liquids. Concrete is a porous material that readily absorbs liquids. In freeze-thaw climates, the expansion of frozen liquids can destroy the surface of unsealed concrete. Oil, salt, fertilizer, and other household chemicals can discolor and damage unsealed concrete. These porous channels act like a sponge, and capillary action draws in liquids over time, along with any dissolved salts and other solutes. Very porous surfaces, such as concrete, absorb liquids relatively quickly. Properly sealing your concrete will prevent the penetration of liquids such as oils, fertilizer rust, irrigation rust, battery acid, spilled drinks, chemicals and other liquids, as well as preventing mold buildup. Additionally, our sealers increase the tensile strength by up to 30%, retarding cracking or chipping of the concrete. In most cases, the investment in a sealer is well worth the expense, when you consider that the cost to replace concrete is generally $7 to $8 per square foot.
Advantages of Sealed Concrete
Here in SW FL unsealed concrete absorbs water which leads to the growth of mold and mildew. Most homeowners pressure wash their concrete surfaces several times a year to get rid of this slightly mess and potentially slippery situation. Pressure washing the concrete regularly causes the surfaces concrete to get worn away from high pressure revealing the substrate in the concrete. Again, it’s a temporary solution that requires you to come back and reclean when the mold and mildew returns. Once you reach this level there is nothing you can do and you’ll eventually need to replace the concrete. Concrete sealers enhance the protection, strength, and longevity of your concrete, helping them reach their full potential without problems and costly repairs. Concrete is a very porous material, susceptible to all kinds of staining and marking. Oil, grease and rust are nearly impossible to remove because they are so easily absorbed. Unsealed concrete retains water for long periods, creating and ideal situation for mold and mildew to grow.
- Permanent water and moisture proofing
- Reinforces the density & hardness of the concrete by up to 30%
- Reduces cracking, dusting & efflorescence of the concrete
- Protects against the intense Florida sun and other natural elements.
- Protects concrete from absorbing oil, rust and other stains
- Inhibits mildew growth as water can no longer rest & sit in the pores.
- Discourages the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew and algae
- Extends the life of a painted concrete building & decorative concrete
- IDEAL for commercial concrete and high traffic concrete areas
- ALL IN 1 DAY PROCESS! Giving you less down time to have your car back in the garage or kids back in the pool within 24 hours of application!
- 5 year warranty on ground work (concrete driveways, sidewalks, parking garages, stairwells, etc.) 10 year warranty on concrete tile roof seals
Allied Concrete Sealing Process:
- Pre-treat with concrete cleaner & degreaser
- Chemical removal of any oil/rust/stains
- Thorough power washing to include a heated pressure washer if needed
- High pressure rinse
- Heavy coat of Splash Proof nano-coating sealer
FROM START TO FINISH, ALL IN 1 DAY PROCESS!
- COMPLETELY SLIP RESISTANT!
Splash Proof normally dries in sunny areas within 2-3 hours but it requires nearly 24-36 hours for curing. Shaded areas, low temperatures, or higher humidity slow down the drying process. The surface may be kept open to foot traffic in 2-3 hours and to vehicular traffic in 24-36 hours. Splash Proof recommends all sprinkler systems be turned off during this time to allow proper curing.
Splash Proof is a protectant that layers your concrete with super hydrophobic coating thereby reducing mold and mildew. Periodic washing with plain water to keep the area clean is recommended. Acids, gasoline, hydraulic fluids, and motor oil spills need to be removed from the surface as soon as possible.